Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bitter



Some people have the great quality of lighting up any room they enter. While others bring in a pungent feeling. While I try to be as positive as can be in any situation, there are times when I can't hold my tongue, and I have to express my thoughts to someone.

Not sure if it was something I did, for you to act a certain way towards me. It's not that you're a direct mean person, in your own way you somehow disguise it. Bringing a fake smile to anything I say, when I can clearly see right through it. Its ice cold and it brings my emotion from ecstatic and happy to annoyed and sad in approximately 3 seconds. That's how quickly you can change my mood.

One thing that makes this extra hard is somehow everyone likes you, and has no problem with you, but I do. They say how you're so nice, pretty, and an overall sweet girl. This frustrates and confuses me deeply. How can they think this? Am I seeing something that is invisible, or is she only this way around me?

I will play nice. After all I will have to put up with you for the next 3 years in the fall. Will we become friends? No, never, not a chance. That ship has sailed awhile ago, but I will be respectful and kind, something that you never show me. I guess I have to be the bigger person.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is a really personal, and powerful piece for you to share. I like your use of language in areas like the word pungent, and the incorporation of metaphor such as "that ship has sailed". You also naturally place this into paragraphs, and it feels almost effortless. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete