Monday, October 1, 2012


Moon

Author's Note:

While I was trying to write this piece I couldn't concentrate. I felt as if I was in a writer's block. The easiest conclusion for this was for me to write a poem.  In this piece I didn't have a pattern, this is some repetition that could be the pattern though. I wanted to describe the feelings of nighttime through a little kid eye.


You give me light, when the day is at its most darkest,
Giving me a path at the darkest hour,
Shining me hope, even though there is little left.

Light is day, Dark is night,
Give me life, or give me death,
Day is light,
Dark is night,
But you shine through that
Dark,
Dark,
Night.

That is your job to bring me light,
For a short amount of time,
When I am scared the most,
You help me,
So when I look out the window,
In the middle of the night,
There is a dark sky,
But there is also a
Shining moon,
Looking over me during that
Dark,
 Dark,
 Night.






1 comment:

  1. I know you wrote this rather quickly, and that may be why there are some simple errors that you could fix here. I think you did use a format here. If you take a look at what you have going on for spacing, and the length of lines, there is a pattern. Go back and clean up the small errors, including the formatting of the author's note which should all be italicized.

    ReplyDelete