Friday, November 2, 2012


Author's Note:
In this stream of consciousness I wanted to use some repetition in the writing to make the reader really listen to certain words.
Usually in stream of consciousness if you bring a lot of emotion into the writing sometimes it relates to yourself. In this piece I brought tons of emotion, but it doesn't relate to me in anyway that I know of. When I finished writing and I read it all over, I felt that my voice sounded like I was in the perspective of a slave saying all of the emotions he/she went through to be free.

Train


Take me away. Let me embark on a new journey. I wish to be free and turn over a new leaf. I want to let the past simply drift away.

I jump on with only luggage and looking ahead to a fresh, new start. How I wish of that. To dream new dreams, and to breathe new air. To be anyone I wish to be. My past is gone and I won’t go back, I will never look back upon it ever again. The misery I went through, the tormenting I had to suffer. All because of my background. They say bumps, cuts, and bruises hurt, but go away. While words live on forever. To me, everything counts. I have a memory, and I always will remember what you put me through.

So as I climb aboard this long journey to a new and happier place I will remember. It's hard to forget, but it's harder to stay with the suffering. I will be a new person. I will be someone you never let me be. I will be the person I want to be and nothing less.

Even though I went through so much with you. I thank a very small part. Thanks for making me stronger, making my skin a little bit thicker, and making me a little bit wiser. Thanks for making me strive every single day. The goal was set and matched, that I am no longer your slave. I am me.

1 comment:

  1. You know, as I read this I reflected on how far you have come, and how proud I am of you as a student and writer. I want to work more closely with you, whether you decide to work digitally or in person, I want to get into more conversation about the process, and where you are at so you can continue to realize improvement.

    ReplyDelete